What is this study group about?
- We all have a body and we take it for granted
- We explore theories about the body and we will use theories from Art and Design
In this study group I am going to have to think about what essay I want to write for 11th January 2016. This will be a formative assessment of 500-1000 words.
The body in the past
- Prothesis in the Ancient Egyptian period
- Modernist’s idea that the past be obliterated and replaced in 1500’s
Why is history so important?
- We have the tendency to see the past as an unexplored, unknown country
- We keep to what we know
- We think inventions and technology are ‘new’ and have no relationship to the past
People make fire to keep themselves warm, to keep the body warm